English Premier League is the top-flight competition of English football. This league was formed in 1992 after breaking away from the Football Association to restructure English football, to plan to sign big deals with TVs, and also to improve talent recognition, acquisition, and management. The league offers all the right conditions for the football talents from various parts of the world to nurture and brings them the much-coveted fame along with lots of money.
Discussed here are some of the players who made it to the top among the best performers’ list of English Premier League 2021.
Who is the best goal scorer of English Premier League 2021?
Mohammed Salah ruled the turf in English Premier League 2020-21. He has played 17 matches so far. In these 17 matches, he has scored 13 goals, hitting an average of 0.76 goals per game.
He kept remarkable control over the ball for most of the instances in the matches where he made an appearance. That reflected in about 525 completed passes with an average of 30.88 per game. With sheer tactic and practice, he managed to recover balls 42 times, scoring an average of 2.47 per game. He made the team’s position stronger in the match by winning fouls about 12 times.
Mohammed Salah showed exceptional discipline and self-control in all the matches played by him and was not given any card in these matches.
He plays for the Liverpool club. He is a forward player in this club, one of the best left-footed ballers in the world. Since he joined the Liverpool club in 2017, he has hit 19 goals with the left foot.
Which player got the maximum shots at goal in English Premier League 2021?
Harry Kane, an English Footballer, and forward player from the Tottenham Hotspur club played 18 games in the 2021 edition. In these games, he scored 12 goals. With 319 instances of completed passes and 48 recovered balls, he did a great deal of work for his team.
Total shots at goal for this accomplished footballer are 55 for this player. He is followed by these players who had the highest number of shots at goal in this tournament:
- Bamford (Forward player for Leeds United)– 53
- Salah (Forward player for Liverpool)– 43
- Bruno Fernandes (Midfielder for Manchester United) – 40
- Sadio Mane (Forward player for Liverpool) – 39
- Calvert-Lewin (Forward player for Everton) – 38
- De Bruyne (Midfielder for Manchester City) – 37
Which is the best goalkeeper in the English Premier League 2021
- Emiliano Martinez: This goal-keeper is playing for Aston Villa in EPL 2021. He played 15 matches and has 8 clean sheets to his credit. These clean sheets earned his team 8 wins in the 2020-21 Premier League.
Emiliano is known for miraculous saves. He registered 52 saves in this season so far. Also, he contributed to a penalty save. He is a transfer from Arsenal where he was a replacement for Bernd Leno last season. His strengths are saving penalties, shot-stopping abilities, and quick reflexes.
- Sam Johnstone: Sam Johnstone is a part of the West Brom team this season. He is the shield that this team has needed for a long. He saved 74 goals for his team in the 2020-21 season. 2 clean sheets, 5 catches, 7 sweeper clearances speak about his agility. His sharpness in this game is indicated by 145 accurate long balls.
- Nick Pope: As a part of the Burnley team, Nick Pope, has made 16 appearances in 2020-21. Of these 16 appearances, 6 have been clean sheets.
Other important stats about his performance in 2020-21 include 59 saves, 15 high claims, 15 sweeper clearances, and 75 throw-outs.
Who is the best defender for the English Premier League 2021?
English Premier League 2021 is almost halfway. The trends are shaping up and so are emerging the players or defenders who have made their place justified in the teams. Listed here are some of the path-breaking performers who came, saw, and helped their team conquer the turf.
- John Stones: He is the defender for Manchester City. John’s partnership with Ruben Dias has been the talking point in this season. Together, they did some terrific for the Citizens. The club has maintained seven clean sheets and only one instance of conceding so far, placing themselves among the top contenders for the title.
- Reece James: James has scored 1 goal and performed three brilliant assists in the current season so far. In a few matches, where for some minutes, he was not playing, the drop in performance of the Blues indicates his cruciality for the team. Leading the defence successfully, he is expected to be the leading face of the Blues’ Defence in the upcoming Euro cup for the club.
- Ben Chilwell: He is a transfer from Leicester City to Chelsea, and now is feeling at home at Stamford Bridge. The left-back position in Chelsea has become almost impregnable with his presence. This football season, the player has scored two goals and five assists, strengthening his candidacy for the European Championship in the upcoming edition.
Who has the best assists record in the English Premier League 2021?
English Premier League 2021 has been a dicey place this year due to pandemic and international fixtures. The assists players’ record had been phenomenal and gave some glorified moments to their teams during the match. Some of the top-scoring assists in EPL 2021 have been:
- Harry Kane: This player from Tottenham Hotspur played 18 games, in which he has scored 11 assists.
- Kevin De Bruyne: Playing from the Manchester City side, this player has scored 10 assists so far in 16 games played.
- Bruno Fernandes: This Rockstar from Manchester United made 18 appearances. A total number of 7 assists has placed him among the top scorers this season so far.
- Jack Grealish: He is playing from Aston Villa’s side this season. In 15 appearances, he gave 7 successful assists, strengthening the attack of these surprise performers.
- Son Heung-min: This player from Tottenham Hotspur has played 18 matches so far. With 6 assists to his credit, he is sure to bring more numbers this season.
Next, Mateusz Klich (Leeds United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Andy Robertson (Liverpool), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) have scored 5 assists each in 18, 17, 18, 18 matches respectively that they played till now.
Who are the top 10 players of the Premier League season 2020-21 so far?
- Jack Grealish: He has been a rock-solid support for Aston Villa. With 3 goals and 3 assists, this footballer has been a major contributor to the club’s 4 wins out of 5 matches.
- Kai Havertz: Chelsea had Havertz this season in a mere 8.5 GBP and it turned out to be the finest decision so far.
- Mason Greenwood: Having scored 10 goals for Manchester United last season, he continues to be in the best form this edition too.
- Son Heung-min: This South Korean football wizard made some days bright for Tottenham this season with his sheer form and talent.
Players who have been the top 6 rankers so far are:
- Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal)
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
- James Rodriguez (Everton)
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton)
About 556 players are in the English Premier League. Of these, the best players are the real history makers. With the best fitness, technique, form, and passion, they achieve the records and set the benchmarks for others. Though this season is struggling through a pandemic, which has taken a toll on some players’ health too, the atmosphere at turfs is still reverberating with passionate performances. Playing behind closed doors has also been a factor in the footballers’ improved performances.
When you are trying to find the most successful bets, the safe option is to bet on these players or their teams. These will not fail you most of the time!