The game of soccer generally generates quite a few adrenaline-charged moments which make the game such fun to watch. The 90 minutes which make up the game, results in a rousing victory for one team and a crushing loss in another, especially if it is a league or championship match being played. The outcome of a soccer game is usually unpredictable. Of course statistics can help in its prediction but there is no guarantee that one will be able to make accurate soccer predictions. This risk involved makes it very popular in sports betting.
However, without proper knowledge and required guidance, soccer betting is definitely a very high-risk venture. Thus, in order to avoid making huge losses due to ignorance, thousands of people worldwide search for likely websites which offer good tips and predictions for the daily soccer matches that take place.
Generally speaking, making accurate soccer predictions is only possible by tipster websites when they:
- Have the relevant data associated with the game,
- Are able to focus on the betting outcomes that they are in the process of predicting and
- Know how to make an accurate comparison between the odds and the predictions.
While betting in every game of sports involves making an accurate prediction, for the game of soccer, this prediction requires a rather unique approach. But even before venturing into how to make accurate soccer predictions, it is important to understand the role of luck and randomness plays in the outcome of a game of soccer.
Understanding the role of luck
When winning in soccer betting, people generally have a tendency of saying that it is good luck smiling upon a punter. While it might be true to some extent, it is definitely not the whole truth. While luck has no role in predicting the outcome, its influence on positive results can still be accounted for, considering the dynamicity associated with a soccer game. Thus, most attribute accurate soccer predictions to skill and luck and incorrect ones solely to bad luck. But it would not be wrong to say that both skill and luck have a role to play in winning a soccer bet.
Randomness in soccer betting
Soccer’s susceptibility to randomness is a known fact. Randomness also has an impact on the outcome of a match, tournament, championship and even the whole soccer playing season. In the game of soccer, this randomness is generated by a single bounce of the ball or even a small change in direction. This is what makes betting in soccer as uncertain as it is certain and as random as it is controllable. Opting to partner with a good tipster website offers punters an illusion of control thereby enabling them to put across a calculated stake. This is what makes soccer betting unique.
But getting accurate soccer predictions necessarily means partnering with a good tipster as well as making use of statistics and other factors to cross-check the predictions and tips obtained. In order to partner with a good tipster, a punter needs to find one who:
- Provides the option of giving free tips and predictions for the matches scheduled to take place today and
- Maintain good and open communications with the punters.
This is important because the only way for a punter to judge the accuracy of the predictions made by the tipster websites is to actually experience the outcome of basing a decision on their tips and predictions.
Points to consider for making accurate predictions
After aligning oneself to a good tipster for getting accurate soccer predictions, the punter needs to check for the validity of the same. In doing so he needs to:
- Focus entirely on the bet prediction: It is a general tendency of people to predict results to all the different types of bets that can be placed. But the punter is not placing a stake in all of them. Hence, he needs to be focused and concentrate on making an accurate prediction only of the bet that wants to place since this will help him achieve winning results.
- Seek a niche betting option: Certain types of bets are more popular than the others. Thus, with many people betting on the outcome of these popular bets, the bookies automatically get ample information so that they are able to play with their odds. It is common knowledge that more people losing a bet means more earnings for the bookies. Hence, with bookies changing their odds as competition increases, it becomes difficult to place winning bets. But placing niche bets based on accurate soccer predictions makes it easier to ensure a winning bet. In fact with the correct statistics at hand, it is not very difficult to make accurate predictions for niche nets.
- Future is predicted on the basis of past: When making soccer betting predictions for future outcomes, the past performances of the teams concerned should never be forgotten. In fact the past is always considered to be a good indicator for future events and outcomes, especially in a game of soccer. Thus in order to make accurate soccer predictions, it is very important to have previous statistics and other data in hand.
- Calculating the outcome: Soccer betting analytics has recently introduced the system of calculating outcomes and making predictions on the basis of Expected goals metric. Herein, the method itself is a measure of the quality of chance available. While this matrix is a retrospective measure, it is extremely useful in the prediction of soccer betting results. Another method which is commonly used is the Poisson Distribution method which uses data regarding past performances of the teams, adds in a bit of maths and then calculates the probability of the soccer bet outcomes.
- Comparing predictions to odds: Making accurate soccer predictions is not always about the predictions being correct. It is more about the relativity of correctness that a prediction has when compared to those made by the bookies. Thus, after obtaining the soccer bet predictions from the tipsters, it needs to be cross-checked with one’s own data and also checked to see how they stand against the odds set by the bookies.
It is not very difficult to get accurate soccer predictions and strategies on a daily basis. The process involves a statistical collaboration of the punters with the tipster websites and bookmaker odds in a way that these predictions can be converted into winning results.